Friday, March 18, 2016

On the table now - Jango Fett Firespray

Working on my first repaint of a X-Wing miniature. I talked about my reasoning before on how I picked the color scheme but I had no idea on how to pull it off. I started by painting it Celestra Grey. Then I let it sit there for over two weeks. I had no idea on how to paint in the weathered style of Star Wars minis. 

I wanted it to look used but well cared for. I wanted it to look like it had been repainted a few times as well. I thought about using three stage weathering (where you paint a dark color, silver chipping then a lighter color around the edge) but ended up screwing it up. I painted the hull Teclis Blue with Kantor Blue over that, the domes on the side of the cockpit Waaagh Flesh, and the dependent hull Codex Grey over the Celestra Grey. I ended up washing the whole mini in Nuln Oil. 

We'll see how it turns out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment