Ugh! I started painting these guys a long time ago. I was not satisfied with how they turned out and pretty much just swept them to the side of the painting table. There they collected dust for months. Every once and a while, the painting table gets too cluttered with half-finished projects and I spend some time just finishing things. These stupid Horrors are one of those things.
My idea was to paint their skin in a blue/green iridescent color reminiscent of a Jeweled Beetle's shell. I had done something like this with my Vespids. It was as easy as drybrush green, drybrush blue, drybrush interference paint. It was simple and looked great from what I remember. That is what I did to these guys and it looked awful. I tried to fix it by washing it green or blue and nothing helped. I became disgusted and give up.