Monday, May 2, 2016

Finished - The Last Lictor

This is the final Lictor needed for my very small Tyranid army. The army started when I had 22 Space Hulk Genestealers to paint. Then I ran across the Apocalypse of "Vanguard Infestation." It was always my dream to field a Tyranid army that represents an early infestation. 

Genestealers range way ahead of the Hive Fleet and infect worlds through a crazy and counter-intuitive process. They emit a psychic signal that attracts a Hive Fleet. One of the first critters that land are the Lictor scouts. They act like landing beacons for the Spores. 

Now, that is my idea of an awesomly themed and fluffy army. It is in no way competitive but it 10 out of 10 fluffy. Until very recently, it was also not legal to field anything like this. With the advent of Unbound armies and this Apocalypse sheet, it becomes viable. 

I had finished two other Lictors including a Deathleaper. This triad forms part of the leadership of this army. My headcannon is the Deathleaper has a retinue of two Lictors and is the catalist that turns the Genestealer infestation in to an army. The Broodlord is the leader of the Genestealer brood as a proxy for the Patriarch. 

With the addition of my Deathwatch: Overkill game, this means I will be able to field a Genestealer Cult army as well. Given how long it has taken me to paint up the Tyranids and Space Marines from the Space Hulk game, it will be a long time before this dream is a reality. 

The dream would be to field a Deathwatch and PDF army against a Genestealer Cult army with a cool opponent. 

I don't know that I have done a TMM CV post about the Lictors. A quick search on my own blog reveals that I have. This Lictor has the same value of $54 as my other Lictor

No comments:

Post a Comment