Sunday, February 22, 2015

Finished - Squig

I have had this mini chilling in my bits box for longer than I can remember. I don't even remember where it came from. It does not look like a current or recent 40k model. I decided to paint it up as a Squig and maybe use it as a counter for an Attack Squig or, if I wanted to be really beardy, a Bomb Squig. 

He was fun to paint up. I tried to use a modified version of my Daemonflesh. I started with a purple basecoat followed by Mechrite Red first pass. I then hand highlighted the flesh with Evilsuns Scarlet. I have all the skin a wash that is a 1:2 mix of orange and red washes. The current red wash is entirely too dark to be suseful to shade red. After the wash was dry, I touched up the red.

I left the gums purple to act as some contrast and to make the mini look more alien.

The hair was based with a 1:1 mix of black and grey, highlighted with a grey dry brush and washed black. I did a final dry brush of grey to finish. 

The teeth are bleached bone washed Sepia and touched up with bleached bone again. 

I don't know what it would take to replace this mini. Current similar models go for between $2 and $10 on eBay so $5 is about right to replace Paint job is solid for me at a 6/10. Value of the pant is about $10 (below my bench fee because of how easy and fast it was). I would estimate the total replacement value at $ 15 and the same for the trade value.

No comments:

Post a Comment