Saturday, July 16, 2016

Buying Bits for Deathwatch Project

I just placed my first order from Shapeways, a 3D printing bits and mini company. I am going to try out some Deathwatch Terminator shoulder pads (pauldrons) first before placing additional orders from them. My friends that use Shapeways for X-wing minis seem pretty pleased. I initially thought that I would try and make a new friend that was a good sculptor or caster from 40k social media, but that proved to be a fruitless endeavor. I had two people that did casting in Seattle but one was a flake and the other was creepy and unreliable. They both did good work tough and I still have a lot of it both painted and still in bits.

These 10 Terminator shoulder pads are more than I need to complete my project. I had only planned on 5 termies total but this will give me the option of 11 or more if I shoehorn in some Grey Knight pauldrons.

There really are no no better options for Deathwatch Terminator shoulder pads. The only other ones are in the Overkill box and the blank Terminator shoulder guard pictured to the right. I think the black shoulder guard is ugly and breaks my head cannon in that it lack the text on the background.

I also ordered some bases for these Terminators and for the future bike too from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment