Thursday, March 29, 2012

Finished - Typhus... kinda

Stick a fork in Typhus because he is done. I'll do a better write up and pictures of him later. 

I say in the title that he is "kinda" done because I am realizing now how crucial the destroyer hive bit is to the overall feel of the model. With it, the model looks burdened and weighed down by the armor and parasites. Without it, the model looks stunted and hunched. There is also something about the horn on the helmet that looks odd without the hive to balance it out.

I am glad that I gave him a little extra height by building him up on his base a little to elevate him out of the sand. Without that, a standard termie might tower over him.

You may be asking yourself, "Self, why is there a Grey Knight hanging out with all these damn dirty heretics?" Then, if you were a smart person you would answer yourself, "That's because old Vurumai, crafty and cunning as he is, wanted to make sure he was consistent in how he painted daemonflesh."

Next up is the other CSM Rhino. I also need a infantry model to paint so I do not get bored with painting those vehicles. I think that I will try to knock out three Grey Knights in power armor. Check back in a few days to see how I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment