Monday, January 2, 2017

Vyndica - Haemonculus

I painted only this mini all day. It is amazing how much work that you can get done when you have no (or at least very few) distractions.

I wanted to make the cape the focus of the mini, but I was unable to get the details done to my satisfaction. I tried to use wash to get the different skin tones. I based the cape with Rakarth Flesh then washed it with Agrax Earthshade, Reikland Fleshshade and nothing. The problem is, there was no base color to touch up with. I had to fake it by touching up the areas that were washed with Reikland Fleshshade with Tallaran Flesh or Cadian Fleshtone. The areas that got Agrad Eastshade didnt resemble any paints that I had so either I ignored it or used Bugman's Glow. I didn't touch up ant of these areas and left them looking fairly flat. I tried to shade the areas with Reikland Flesh shade but was met with limited success. I think it is the lightest/brightest part of the model but the lease detailed. I like the irony but not the execution.

I tried to reproduce the effects of the the other painter had done but my skill were either too different or not good enough to reproduce what had come before. I tried to try my best but my style is too different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment