Saturday, January 14, 2017

Vyndica - Dark Eldar Haemonculus

I put the finishing touches on this bad boy. I had to shoot from the hip for a lot of it. The flesh cape was a learn-as-you-go process. There was a lot of repainting and retouching but I liked how it ended up.

I also had to basically make up a way to paint evil space elf flesh. I wanted to make them look pale, bloodless and bruised. I did that by basing the flesh areas with Rakarth Flesh when washed it with Agrax Earthshade. I touched it up with Rakarth Flesh when painted on purple wash in the recesses and where the flesh areas joined other areas. Another touch up of Rakarth Flesh and a final highlight of Flayed One Flesh (a paint that I picked up just for the project.)

Nate seemed pleased with the results even though it wont fit in with the rest of his army. I am looking forward to painting more minis on Vyndica. 

No comments:

Post a Comment