Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Lights, Camera, Back To Work

The shelf is installed and the lights are hung. It's time to play the music; it's time time to paint the minis. I had to buy some extension cords and get creative with how I am supplying my computers, lights, Dremel, paint shaker and other accessories. It makes me nervous as I have power strips plugged into extension cords at this point but at least the computers are just plugged into a single power strips.the light is great though. 

I went to Lowe's the other day and one of my least favorite kinds of people were there. You all know this person. She is bossy and a know it all but most of all she is an idiot. Her confidence is wildly out of wack with her confidence. She is a genuine moron, but think she is next in line for the Nobel Prize. I was asking for natural light bulbs and she says that she knows where they were. She takes me to to the light bulb isle (where I just was) and shows me flood lights. No no no, crazy pants, I need normal-sized lights. I feel like that was implied. Rather than acknowledging that she had no idea what she was talking about, she conveniently wandered off to help someone else. This is the Dunning-Kruger effect in practice.

/end rant about awful people


Before I start in on the new kits that I ordered for Deathwatch, I need to finish the projects that I had in progress before the move. Brother Artemis is shaping up nice and really just needs some detail work and assembly.

I am also working on a Cypher conversion for Deathwatch. Now the rules say that a Veteran can replace either his Boltgun or Close Combat with various pistols but can't take a Bolt Pistol. The way around this to make a Cypher mini is to swap both the Boltgun and the CCW for pistols but that adds 30 points onto the model. Granted, they get to fire both in the Shooting phase and count both as additional Close Combat weapons in the Assault phase.

I am not going to field a 52 point model with a Marine stat line and no Power Weapon. I love how the conversion is turning out but I decided to use a Bolt Pistol and Plasma Pistol rather than field a legal model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment