Wednesday, December 19, 2012

On the table now - Rehabing old minis


As one grows as a painter and skills improve, one looks back on the minis of the past and one things to oneself. "Oneself, should we not repaint these minis to better reflect our current skill?" Then one stops talking to oneself and gets down to painting. 

The good news is that these minis are mostly painted. the bad news is that I have to spend more time on minis that are already painted. that last part seems silly to me. I mean these things are done and now I am going to spend time that I could be spending painting new minis on already painted ones. 

That being said, I am actually less likely to use a mini on the table if it is poorly painted. The inverse of that works too. If I paint up a mini and love the way it turned out, I am more likely to use it regardless of how poorly it performs on the table top. 

Fortunately, these guys need some minor touch ups and some repair of dents and dings that were acquired in the move and they should be ready for the table again. 


On a side note, I am getting in the bad habit of starting a lot of new projects and not really finishing anything. I have no fewer than 5 projects on the desk and none of them more than half finished. Gotta clear the table before I start anything new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment