Sunday, December 23, 2012

Finished - Marines out of Rehab

The Marines from this post have finished their touch ups and are ready for their clear coat. All told, the process took only a little less than painting them from primer. Almost every color had to be retouched and in some cases they had to be repainted entirely. In the end, I am glad I did it. I have two more Sergeants than I did before.

I love the power fist model. I think it is one of the best Sergeants that GW has ever produced. The scars on his face and implacable stance make for a bad ass mini. The best part is the power fist. I wish GW still sold bits because I would buy a dozen of these. I have plans to use it on another Marine for a very different effect.

I am not so keen on the Tyranid hunter model. I got him in a trade for cheep long ago and painted him up for fun. As a Blood Angel player, I can't legally field Tyranid Vets nor have I ever tried. Under 6th Ed rules, anyone can use grenades in close combat with monstrous creatures so these guys effectiveness as a squad is limited. The mini was covered in Ultra Marines iconography and they were impossible to remove. Many of them were changed from omega signs to decorations by clipping off the vertical bars. I also green stuffed over the omega on the right shoulder and turned it into a circle. Long ago I painted it red and did nto change it. This forced me to put a black decal on it rather than the traditional yellow that I've done for all the other Sergeants I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment