Sunday, October 2, 2016

On The Table - More Deathwatch

I know that the Aberrants are not done but I started a new project. I can't contain myself! 

The Xenophase blade is too cool not to use so I had to make one of those. I dislike the packs of amp and pouches on the front of the Deathwatch armor so I green stuffed over that with limited success. I was tempted to give this Wargear to the Black Shield of the group but, as you can only give the Xenophase blade to the "Sargent" of the group and a different Marine can be upgraded to the Black Shield, that makes it impossible. If I knew more about militarily structure and promotions I would make some crack about BS glass ceilings and officers. Vanguard Vets, Terminators, Bikes, etc also do not have access to the Xenophase blade. It is kind of insane. 

I also saw the Terminators with the "tower shield" style Storm Shields and immediately thought, "It comes in pints? I'm getting one!" Right after I got my boxes of the new Deathwatch toys, I cut a Storm Shield out and put it aside for this conversion. My gut says that that this guy should be an Ultramarine but I lack any sexy shoulder guards for them. I can't find any on eBay and Bartertown is always a disappointment. I may try and get some Chinese knockoffs. 

The other two Marines were from a trade and put together with plastic glue, the bane of my existence! I was able to rip off the bases, arms and Jump Packs but the torsos will not come off. I have lots of Vanguard Marines so they will not likely see action that way. I have decided to make them shotgun Marines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment