Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Paint for Minis - Black Knights

I made another arrangement for painting minis for gear. I traded a Battlefoam Shield Bag with pull and pluck for 14 Black Knights painted to a table top standard and fast. Now, I do not do those last two things very well. I always try to paint my best and it takes a lot of time. I thought I would have been able to blow through them by not painting them as well, but I was wrong. I still have the urge to give them crazy detail but am trying to fight it. I tried to dry brush the bone parts but it did not turn out as well as when I paint in layers. 

It took about 10 hours to get 5 horsies almost done which is still pretty fast considering that each mini should be taking me 6 hours each if I was taking my time. Toraman and I did not hammer out a deal very well which is the big stumbling block in this new business. I need to come up with a better formula for making these trades. 

I think that 2x retail for trade value is a good starting place. I actually think my painting is worth a bit more than that, but I don't think people will give me a new Land Raider for painting 10 Marines. 

I don't think that I should try to paint average and fast again as that is a lot of work and little money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment