Sunday, February 16, 2020

ON The Table - Death Watch Bucket And Visor Installation

Well the dark grey is sanded with 400 grit and triple coated. There are still little drip marks and imperfections but I think only I would notice them. I masked off the areas that are to painted blue in the picture. The babushka is to cut down on tape.

The masking went great and there are only a couple of little errors where the blue paint got under the tape. Again, not noticeable.

The only other major painting left to do on it is the light grey or silver on the cheeks and this bad boy is done. I will likely do some weathering but that is a project for later.

The next step is visor installation. I am working off this guide on the MMCC boards but was not able get precisely the things they listed. I am glad I went to my local hardware store and got help because the things I was going to order would not have worked.

I ended up getting some vinyl spacers and rubber washers to go with the short screws and t-nuts. I have the visor on order, so we'll will see how installation goes.

There is also padding that goes in the helmet that should be here this week. I know that I'll eventually put speakers, a mic and fans in there, but that is for later.



$10 Spray paint: Blue, Dark Grey
$20 Various hardware for mounting visor
$20 Visor
$12 Padding

Total $128


No comments:

Post a Comment