Saturday, February 3, 2018

Long time...

Two months and no update? Unacceptable!

I have been painting but much of it has stalled out. I am just trying to clear the painting table at this point. Working hard to finish the Char's Zaku project. I have both arms, both legs and the head finished but the torso and weapons are languishing. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but it is a pinprick at this point.

Started work on the next installment of Dark Eldar. I had charged the client more than I needed to because I thought that I would do some slick conversions, but his assembly was so good that I just painted what he sent. I feel a little bad about that and for how long it is taking so I am going to cut him some slack on the final payment. I would not have felt good about taking money for it.

Also still need to begin work on Cranky Old Gamer's Frostgrave Warband. I don't even have details on how he wants them painted.

Then there are my projects. I am working on my Frostgrave Warband by painting Zombicide minis and taking minis out of circulation when they die in game. I have three minis on the table right now with 6 in the wings.

I am playing in two D&D games right now which accounts for some of decreased playing time. I am a miniature guy. Well, I mean I am a large person but I love minis. I have a painted mini for one character with two in the works. That character can summon different kinds of creatures and create fire effects, so I have minis for each of the creatures and Reaper walls of fire. I also have two more minis for that character in the works to represent changing gear and style. The character in the other game has a mount so there is a mounted and on foot mini to paint.

So lots to do and reduced time to do it. I don't know that I am going to take any more commissions for the foreseeable future. I have plenty of my own stuff to work on.

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing your stuff! I do owe you a recipe for how I want my FG warband to look, don't I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Clearing the table of works in progress. Ready to start your warband soon. Send me details or tell me to go hog wild!

      Delete