Friday, October 27, 2017

Finished - Blood Bowl Nuns

Put the final touches on 16 Blood Bowl Nuns through Vyndica. The client wanted white and red, two of the notoriously difficult colors to paint. I really struggled to get the white just right and had to take a few swings at it. I ended up basing Pallid Wytch Flesh, painted on some black wash, touch up, wash Agrax Earthshade, touch up then with pure white on the edges. This gave me deep shades but bright whites.

I tried some new things on the flesh as well. I took the highlighting one step further than I normally do. Usually I stop at Cadian Fleshtone but this time, I put just a little Elf Flesh on the shiny or raised areas. U have held on on this because it looks awful up close but at arms length it looks so much better.


I have a bad habit of painting everything from 4 inches away and ignore how things look on the table top. This works well for most things, but lets me down on occasion. Sometimes you have to change perspective.

I based the minis in the last remaining bits of Mournfang Brown and ran out on the last base. I then gave them a generous dollop of static grass. The only thing missing from the pictures is that I painted white lines on the glass so it will look like they are on the Blood Bowl pitch.

Uploaded some pictures to CMoN.

I charged about $10 per min with a little extra to cover shipping, fees and the headache of painting all that white. The client seems pretty happy and wants me to paint some Mardi Gras Knights next. I like the idea of painting purple, gold and green knights.

This project took me too long to complete. I should have had this done in in a month and it took me 4 times that. I have taken on too much right now. I have the Zaku project, the Blood Bowl Nuns (which are now thankfully completed), a 10 man Wytch squad that I have not started and a 5 man squad of Alpha Legion Terminators that the client has yet to pay me for, not to mention my own projects of rounding out my Deathwatch, a custom Daemon Prince of Tzeentch from The Cranky Old Gamer, the Greater Daemon of Tzeentch that has been on the table for years now, the Ultramarines and Primaris army and my Frostgrave team. I made myself a deal that I would not start any new projects until I start finishing some. Right now, getting that Zaku done is my top priority. I may work on my Frostgrave team while waiting for things to dry.

Let's get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment