Sunday, June 26, 2011

The first TMM post

Welcome!

This is the first in what I hope is a long series of posts all about your friends and mine, the Tiny Metal Men. In these first few posts, I hope to give a brief history of The Hobby, a summary of what I am working on right now and my plans for the future. As things go on, I plan for this blog to be both an account of my Hobby and a learning resource for others.

There is no real good way to start this so my plan is to start from the present and work my way backwards and forwards. There is 6+ years worth  of history to catch up on and it is growing all the time.

I've been involved in the Hobby since 2004 or so. Briefly, I collect Tau, Blood Angles, CSM, Grey Knights, Tyranids, and Orks. I have also started a Cygnar army. My largest army by far is Blood Angles at roughly 6k points.

My current project is a CSM army with lots of cult troops. I've recently finished standard bearers for each type.

Hail, hail, the gang is all here.

The current project is 6 1k sons that will finish that particular cult troop (or at least the bit I have for them).  Over the weekend, I managed to get the legs, arms and torsos done. I tend to paint (more on How I Paint later). Left to do are the shoulder pads, heads and backpacks. I plan to add some muzzle flashes to some of the guys for variety but that can be done at any time.

In the interest of getting better pictures for this blog (specifically not taken with the phone), tonight I bought a portable TMM photography studio on Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had known you were wanting to take better photos. I have that exact set up for my jewelry. Cancel your order and borrow mine?

    Also, just a tip if you're using a dSLR, that stand won't hold a heavy camera for shit. You need a regular tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man this comment system blows. I can't comment to a comment in a thread and I don't even know if you are going to get a notification.

    I plan on using the photo studio very often. I would hate to borrow yours all the time.

    I have an ok digital camera but nothing fancy. Looks like a case of altoids. It does fine for me.

    ReplyDelete